Jon Brion explains the differences between a great recording and a great song. Kind of amazing to hear.
From an episode of 99% Invisible.
This post has 31 notes.
- ercheer likes this
- wilkins likes this
- moanachimes likes this
saalon reblogged this from fuckyeahjonbrion and added:
Jon Brion on great songs vs. great recordings. You should just take the 10 minutes and listen to this.
- decidedlygamine reblogged this from rawkblog
- deadtimesmusic likes this
- jivehyde likes this
- thisisnotrandom reblogged this from fuckyeahjonbrion
- do-bo likes this
pierreism reblogged this from rawkblog and added:
In which Jon Brion considers the value of songwriting in terms of specificity of performance and translatability across...
- dansolomon likes this
sarahmvasquez reblogged this from rawkblog and added:
Listen to this RIGHT NOW. It’s amazing.
- sarahmvasquez likes this
- cerebellumagic likes this
- feet-asleep likes this
- neonbender reblogged this from rawkblog
- sewingmachinesmusic reblogged this from rawkblog
- noahdwood reblogged this from fuckyeahjonbrion
- twentyfourbit likes this
- joeendozo likes this
- jamescross likes this
- nprmusic likes this
solikewise reblogged this from rawkblog and added:
sounds like a song is being defined here as an abstract structure whose components are limited to melody, the chord...
- scottsstuck reblogged this from rawkblog
- verderadiante likes this
- mangumforce reblogged this from rawkblog
- fuckyeahkidsinthehall likes this
- fuckyeahjonbrion reblogged this from bybrettjohnson
- bybrettjohnson posted this